Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome to Papa'sEyes

I suppose I feel a bit presumptuous entering the blogging world, because it means that I'm assuming there's someone out there that might care what I think about things. But there are some things I really care about, and one of those things is the choices that people make as they are finding their way from day to day.

I'm one who believes that we don't need to simply stumble along in the journey, looking sideways to fellow-travelers who have no more idea of where they're going and how to get there than we do. Instead, I believe that there is a Father in heaven who cares profoundly who we are and how we're doing along the way. He loves us deeply and personally, and is so very willing to talk with us about anything that concerns us.

Because of this deep love for us, the Father sent One who has gone before us through all the twists and turns of life, who navigated perfectly because He was led by the Spirit of His Father. That One who has gone before us is Jesus - the One the Bible talks about. He is God, but He lived on earth as a man filled with the Holy Spirit, following His Father's will, and providing for you and me a perfect model of how to live, along with the power to live that way.

In addition to the leadership of Jesus, there is this whole company of people who have followed Him through history, whose journey was directed by the Spirit of Jesus. These people actually arrived successfully at their intended destination, taking notes along the way that are really helpful to us. The Bible calls this group "a great cloud of witnesses" (the book of Hebrews, chapter 12 verse 1), people whose spirits are very much alive and well, and whose writings serve us well as guideposts along the way.

So, I hope you'll check in with me here from time to time. My hope is to provide some trustworthy reference points, since without them it's hard to know if you're even on the right road, let alone getting to where you want to go.

More soon. Blessings on you!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Gary, Welcome to blog world!
    Seriously, having your inspiration is wonderful. I look forward to your thoughts . If I recall, you used to write as you walked through the valley several years ago and your honesty in the journey was an encouragement through my own. Thanks. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts, Gary. Lord knows the world needs more spiritual papas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i look forward to more gary! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to get into the blogosphere! :) Looking forward to reading your heart...blessings in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have blessed the lives of many. We all look forward to your continued measure of faith as the Holy Spirit reveals to us the Father through you. Thank you for being that willing vessel that the Lord is truly using.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to see you will be blogging. I will be awaiting your next post.
    It was great to see you and Marie at One Thing.
    Thank you so much for the prayers. While complete healing has not manifested, some relief has occurred. I am taking less medication, and giving praise to Jesus, and asking that He continue this healing in the days ahead.
    And to Marie..........yes, the tape is still on the mouth, even as hard as it has been. It is there.
    Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful to have found your site. The Lord has transformed my heart powerfully through His ministry through you (and Marie). We need a Father's voice in the blogworld.

    ReplyDelete